One of the things that baffles me about the theory of evolution is the seemingly simple solution it has employed time-and-again to solve conundrums and complex problems. When something no longer measures up, add a million years.
To this end, I found the article by Answers In Genesis quite interesting. The author presents a synopsis of the history of the Big Bang Theory, documenting some of the changes that occurred when problems arose.
A few years ago I watched a debate and one interesting point struck me. One participant argued that Creationsist are unsettled when there appear to be 'holes' in their theory while scientists welcome 'holes' in their theory as part of the process of science. I'm not sure I agree with this statement as it applies to historical science, but it may apply to operational science. Certainly Creationists look to the Bible as permanent truth and expect that the data will continue to reveal the truth of scripture more and more as the evidence is available. They are not welcome to revisions of the creation history.